Friday, July 31, 2015

Watch And See What He Will Say!

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. - (Habakkuk 2:1-3 KJV)
About nine months ago, I heard a sermon that pointed this out. Habakkuk went up to his tower to see what the Lord would say. He did not want to hear from the Lord. He wanted to imagine the truth of the Lord. To see with his mind's eye. He needed to picture the deliverance of his people. Now granted I had read this passage many times, but that had not struck me until pointed out. He went to watch and see what the Lord would say.

As I listened to the sermon going forth, I began to see. Now the person that preached the sermon went a different way. They actually did not put a lot of emphasis on this. It was as if they mentioned it in passing. However, my spirit was shifted and revelation flooded my soul. A seed had been planted and wanted to grow. This is what I share with you.

Habakkuk knew that after he had complained to God about Israel's situation in bondage that God was going to speak. However, because he could only see bondage and oppression, he knew just hearing from the Lord was not an option. He had to see. He had to see the freedom of his people. He had to describe in vivid details what God had said. I get this as an author. I have written stories of fiction and in those stories you have to describe a scene. It's called staging or descriptive language.  You have to let the reader see what you are saying through the words that you have chosen to write. You need them to connect with the experience that your character is having. Why? this allows your reader to become emotionally invested. Thus, they will continue to read.

I believe that is why God said, write it down and make it plain. We talk about vision, but we have no vision. It's time we stop wanting to hear a word from the Lord, but we go to our tower to SEE what the Lord will say. It's time we watch and See what the Lord will say.

You are Bound No More. Pastor Linda Hillman 
(c) 2015 LAH Ministries International 
Booklindahillman@gmail.com 

Get Your Copy Now 

No comments:

Post a Comment